APC Conspiring With Nigerian Police to Rig Edo Guber Election – PDP [DETAILS]
With just three days to the Edo State gubernatorial polls, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state has accused the Nigerian Police of colluding with the All Progressives Congress (APC) in a conspiracy to rig the elections. A statement on Sunday by the party’s spokesperson in Edo State, Chris Osa Nehikhare said more disturbing facts and information are continually been brought forward in relation to the PDP’s allegations.
Read the full statement below:
With just three days to the elections, more disturbing facts and information are continually been brought forward. As a political party, we are committed to democracy and all tenets of democracy. We believe that the People must have their say and way as far as Elections are concerned. Unfortunately, APC seem to want to negate all we have achieved democratically in the last 16 years.
1. Thump Printing: Very credible information reaching us says that Governor Adams Oshiomhole and his APC have concluded arrangements to thumb print fake ballot papers on Monday 26/9/2016 at Ibillo, Akoko Edo local government area, Edo North, and then transport the thumb printed fake ballot papers to their areas of weakness. Thereafter they’ll pretend to expose the perpetrators as PDP supporters. This “show” becomes the excuse to crackdown on PDP foot soldiers and undertake massive arrest of PDP staunch supporters. To give credence to the “show” they will plant fake PVC in the homes of our people. At this juncture, we advice that everyone must be vigilant and on alert till elections are over.
2. They are planning to destabilize the election in Uromi, Ovia and parts of Oredo in order to provoke inconclusive elections in their areas of weakness. To achieve this, they have recruited a general Collins who APC paraded in a press conference on Friday and he boastfully announced the presence of his co-generals who, including himself, have no business in Edo but to forment trouble.
3. Collation Center Danger…we formally requested for a meeting with staff (Local Government Collation Officers, Returning Officer for the State, Staff in charge of card readers, E-Collation Officers and members of the ICT team) of INEC assigned to the state to conduct the elections in Edo State. But that meeting never took place. We requested the names and identities of these staff to be made public but again we were denied. However Information available to us is that INEC has granted requests made by the All Progressive Congress (APC) for a similar meeting with the above mentioned staff.
We are also reliably informed that members of APC have been granted remote access to INEC servers and INEC e-collation platforms. We are informed that this was done in furtherance of a plan by certain officials of INEC to grant APC real time access to INEC’s e-collation platforms in a bid to enable them manipulate results on the field at polling stations where they are losing elections or disrupt the electoral process at such locations.
4. Police: We also requested for a meeting with senior officers of the Nigerian Police Force assigned to provide security for the state during the elections, again, we were denied. Instead, our members are harassed, intimidated and arrested on trumped up charges. But we are reliably informed that members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) were granted a similar meeting with these officers and members of APC led by Governor Adams Oshiomole met with these officers in a bid to influence postings of officers to areas of the state in a manner that will favour their party.
5. In Owan West local government area, Hon Reginald Okun is boasting that the Gov has asked him to compile names of PDP leaders to be given to DCP Ahmed Bello for harassment, intimidation and arrest. He has also deployed cultists to the local government who are harassing our supporters and in some cases maiming them, like the case of one of our agents who had three of his fingers cut off and is presently in an intensive care unit in hospital. (Picture attached)
6. Yesterday night on Governor’s instruction, Police entered Okpella with 4 trucks to arrest some of our Party members. This type of impunity must stop and be condemned by all as this behavior negates the tenets of free, fair and transparent elections.
7. We again appeal to our members to remain calm and law abided as usual. This is the sacrifice one must make in other to effect change. This sacrifice is not for our party, but the oppressed, harassed and intimidated people of Edo State whose cry has been muted in the last Eight years.
Chris Osa Nehikhare
Follow us on Twitter at @thesignalng
Copyright 2015 SIGNAL. Permission to use portions of this article is granted provided appropriate credits are given to www.signalng.com and other relevant sources.