Kogi: Arrest Lt. Col Isidore Amah Now, PDP Tells Buhari
The attention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Kogi State Chapter has been drawn to the following developments, which clearly indicate a sinister agenda to compromise the outcome of the Kogi State gubernatorial election scheduled to hold on Saturday November, 21, 2015:
– That Lt. Colonel Isidore Amah was transferred from his duty post in the North-East to Kogi State two weeks ago and has instructions to manipulate the elections in favour of the APC candidate Abubakar Audu. Lt. Colonel Amah is known to be an election hand for hire and is very knowledgeable about the terrain in Kogi State, Igala Land to be specific. In 2007, then a Captain in the Nigerian Army, he is alleged to have killed 4 unarmed election observers, because they challenged his partisan disposition.
– That in the last house of assembly elections, Lt. Col. Amah took a 2-week leave from his base in the North East to aid the APC in rigging elections in Kogi East. He has been deloyed to Dekina Local Government area of Kogi State where Idris Wada hails from to aid the APC to rig out the Governor in his Local Government.
– That the following INEC staff and ad-hoc staff for the Kogi State gubernatorial election have been compromised:
1. Christopher Utile: 07030556354. He is the Electoral Officer for Kogi Local Government. He is from Benue State. He brought in two (2) bus loads of persons to serve as ad-hoc staff for the elections. The persons in question did not go through any training whatsoever. The changes were made Thursday afternoon.
2. Idris Uchari: HOD Training at INEC office in Lokoja. He has connived with APC to hijack the Ward collation officers. Upon completion of training he took them to meet Abubakar Audu’s son, Mohammed Audu where most of the collation officers were given N50, 000 each.
3. Aminu, a staff of Federal University Lokoja collected N1 million from APC agents this morning. He was sighted by members of the DSS. His number is 08035913960.
4. ACP Aurelius Adejoh allegedly provided Johnson Musa with guns and a Toyota Hilux van. Mission is to attack PDP agents. ACP Aurelius Adejoh is a retired police officer.
5. Rtd General Akpa has mobilized soldiers into Ankpa Local Government. He is the head of Security for the Audu/Faleke Campaign Organization.
In the light of the above, we are calling on President Muhammadu Buhari as the custodian of our democratic institutions to immediately intervene and ensure the following:
– That the said Lt. Colonel Isidore Amah be immediately arrested and investigated based on the details of his clandestine assignment to Kogi State. Coming at a time the Buhari administration is preaching loudly about the need to instill discipline into the Nigerian Army, such flagrant abuse of military power should not be condoned by Nigeria’s Commander-in-Chief.
– That INEC immediately investigates, review and replaces the compromised INEC and election ad-hoc officials listed here in this statement.
State Publicity Secretary