860x485xIyabo-Anisulowo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.u315ZDSFwl

I Drank Water for Six Days, Kidnapped Ex-Minister Anisulowo Narrates Ordeal

The former Minister of State for Education, Senator Iyabo Anisulowo, who was kidnapped on Wednesday last week in Ogun State, has said she did not eat any food during her six-day ordeal in the kidnappers’ den before she regained her freedom on Tuesday.

The former federal lawmaker, who was accompanied to the Government House, Isale-Igbein, Abeokuta,  by the Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Abdulmajid Ali, to meet Governor Ibikunle Amosun at 10.09pm on Tuesday, did not, however, give details of the type of food her captors offered her.

Anisulowo, who represented Ogun West Senatorial District between 2003 and 2007, expressed her appreciation to God, the governor and security agencies for her freedom.

The former minister, who wore a peach lace, said, “I’ve been on water; I did not eat anything throughout.

“I’m short of words, but I want to thank the governor and also thank God. I want to thank His Excellency for all the efforts you have put in with the security agents.

“I know the courage you have and the spirit to fight to the end and that was what kept me in the bush there. I have an assurance that with the security agents that you have, you will work it through. I thank God.”

Also on the ground to receive the rescued senator were the deputy governor, Mrs. Yetunde Onanuga; the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Taiwo Adeoluwa; and other top government functionaries.

On his part, Amosun appreciated President Muhammadu Buhari, and the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, for their intervention.

Amosun noted that with the tracking of the suspects with modern technology, sooner than later, kidnapping would become unattractive to criminals.

The governor recalled that the kidnappers, who had demanded a ransom of N200m before they were caught, had abused him and the IG.

He, however, expressed happiness that no ransom was paid eventually and Anisulowo was rescued unhurt.

 He said, “I don’t want to sound immodest, but I want to thank Mr. President and the IG, the Army and the DSS. They created a war room and everybody was communicating every day.

“I want to place on record that the IG personally got involved, the AIG, the Commissioners of Police of Ogun, Oyo, Lagos and Kwara states, and of course, all the Commandants of the Nigerian Army formation in each of those states. Indeed, the Department of State Services in all of the states that we mentioned were all involved.

“If they give them necessary equipment, they will work wonders. It is a huge victory. I think the issue of kidnapping will go down a bit, with what they (security agencies) have achieved.

“I think it is a shame that we find ourselves in a situation where we should not be. Young people, who are supposed to be working, demanding ransom of N200m! They even said because I got involved, they increased it from N100m to N200m.

“They insisted from the second day that their ransom is N200m. They said they had wanted to collect N100m and I told them that they will face the law, and that it is in their interest to release her.

“They even threatened me and every other person. They said they would teach me, the IG, the Brigade Commander and all others a lesson. They were abusing everybody on the telephone, but we thank God the way it was resolved. All glory to God.”

__________

Follow us on Twitter at @thesignalng

Copyright 2015 SIGNAL. Permission to use portions of this article is granted provided appropriate credits are given to www.signalng.com and other relevant sources.



There are no comments

Add yours